28 July 2012

Unsung Poem By Anonymous Innocent Human





Assalamualaikum and warm greetings,

When I randomly browse my Facebook wall, I saw this poem and it's really an eye-catching. Just plain white and black background with this writings - so innocent and pure.

When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in Sun, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when I die, I still black
And you white fellow
When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
And when you die, you gray
And you calling me colored??

Before I posted it here, I did some research to find out who is the actual writer but there's no hope. In some websites, they posted this poem and received countless of feedbacks and many of them said this poem is written by anonymous kid in Africa. 

This poem was nominated as UN best poem in 2005 and was the best poem in 2006. This is not a fact since I don't find any strong empirical evidence stated it so.

While this poem is still in hot debate, many of readers believe this is a good way to express or tell - no more racist.

Have a good day,

Wallahualam.


4 comments:

  1. I think I've read about the poem before but I think it was distributed as a joke. I mean I'm pretty sure somebody told me it as a joke. Can't remember who, though.

    Anyway, it's a nice poem. Hit the 'whites' spot on, I dare say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? As I mentioned above, I already did my research (well, just an hour internet research) just to find out who is the writer and to give credit to the original author. I've found nothing though.

      Nevertheless, I like this poem very much.

      Delete
  2. When I born, I black
    When I grow up, I black
    When I go in Sun, I black
    When I scared, I black
    When I sick, I black
    And when I die, I still black
    Yes.. cause iam the monkey macho..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you.